Screenshot is from Mr. Mouse Takes A Trip (November 1, 1940).
Category Archives: Mickey Mouse
(1) Spurs should be just as worried as Saints about Hasenhuttl (Football365)
(2) NARUTO SHIPPUDEN meets @PLAYMOBILUSA (Action Figure Insider)
“It’s been remarked many times that Walt was Mickey, Mickey was Walt—and nowhere is that more evident than in the iconic scenes of Mickey eagerly improvising an airplane and taking to the skies; scaling a beanstalk and challenging a giant; donning a Sorcerer’s hat and “conducting” the courses of the stars and planets. That joyous, wholehearted celebration of life was at the core of Walt’s spirit—and the same spirit was, and still is, embodied in his most personal creation: Mickey Mouse. As long as Mickey lives, that carefree spirit will continue to venture forward, with boundless enthusiasm and great good humor, toward distant horizons we cannot even yet imagine.”
Taschen was highlighted in “The Art of _______________________” in Weekend 461.0. They publish beautiful books and the recently released Walt Disney’s Mickey Mouse: The Ultimate History is no exception. It’s a must for any Walt Disney / Mickey Mouse fan.
I was in São Paulo last week for work. It was a quick trip, with a packed agenda, so the opportunity for exploration was limited. I have a top ten list though…
(1) Cargo Bikes (Copenhagenize Design Company)
(2) Eisenbahn Pale Ale (BeerAdvocate)
(3) Estação da Luz
“Ever since this station was completed in 1901, it has remained among the most important buildings in São Paulo and Brazil’s history. For decades its clocktower ruled over the city’s skyline to give its residents a reference point to set their clocks, and today the station houses the Museum of the Portuguese Language, a huge repository of and tribute to Portuguese art, language, and literature from around the world.” (THRILLIST)
(4) Street art/graffiti/building art (THRILLIST)
(5) The Estaiada Governador Orestes Quercia is a beautiful bridge near the Anhembi Convention Center
(6) Museu de Arte de São Paulo on (7) the Av. Paulista
(8) Minhocão / Via Elevada Presidente João Goulart (Architectural Digest)
(9) Municipal Theatre of São Paulo
(10) Whether on the Av. Paulista or the Sao Paulo International Book Fair Mickey Mouse was ubiquitous.