Drafting a trip report and this one is a doozy! In transit today, but already sorting through photos and ephemeral. Also, came back with something blue and orange.
In the meantime, there is a group on Flickr posting photographs. And here is my Top 10 list of things to see and do in Minneapolis (with a bit a cycling slant):
- Walk or Bike across the Martin Olav Sabo Bridge.
- Cruise along the Mississippi on a Nice Ride (don’t miss the Mill Ruins Park).
- Have a Jucy Lucy at Matt’s Bar on 35th and Cedar. Make sure you bring cash!
- Support Kristy and Erin at the Bees Kneez by purchasing some honey at the Kingfield Farmer Market. You can learn more about their story at Kickstarter.
- Take a date to Bryant Lake Bowl.
- Enjoy a cappuccino at One on One Bicycle Studio & Go Coffee.
- Skip the rental car and use Metro Transit. The Blue Line travels under the Martin Olav Sabo Bridge.
- Wait for a good windy day, after a nice thunderstorm, and stand on the Stone Arch Bridge.
- Bike, bike, bike. Minneapolis is ridiculously bike friendly so find the Greenway.
- Visit Calhoun Cycle and spend an hour or two with Luke and Company.